Ten core principles of Xi Jinping Thought on Diplomacy
Xi Jinping Thought on Diplomacy has ten core principles. It spells out the historical mission and the overall objectives of China's external work in the new era and outlines the set of policies and principles that must be upheld.
The ten core principles are:
1. upholding the authority of the CPC Central Committee as the overarching principle and strengthening the Party's centralized, unified leadership over external work;
2. advancing major-country diplomacy with Chinese characteristics to fulfill the mission of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation;
3. building a community with a shared future for mankind with a view to defending world peace and promoting common development;
4. enhancing strategic confidence based on the foundation of socialism with Chinese characteristics;
5. promoting Belt and Road cooperation under the principle of extensive consultation, joint contribution and shared benefits;
6. pursuing peaceful development on the basis of mutual respect and win-win cooperation;
7. fostering global partnerships by pursuing a broad-based diplomatic agenda;
8. steering the reform of the global governance system under the principle of fairness and justice;
9. upholding national sovereignty, security and development interests with China's core interests as a red line;
10. developing a distinctive Chinese style of diplomacy by both drawing on fine traditions and adapting to the changing times.